//GROUP COUNSELING MODEL FOR SECTION HEADS IN PERFORMING THEIR ISLAMIC LEADERSHIP ROLE

GROUP COUNSELING MODEL FOR SECTION HEADS IN PERFORMING THEIR ISLAMIC LEADERSHIP ROLE

Agus Sofyandi Kahfi, Lisa Widawati, Dewi Sartika, Naima Saadadiyah, Abdullah Ridho Syahid (agussofyandikahfi@yahoo.co.id)

Faculty of Psychology Bandung Islamic University, Bandung, Indonesia

ABSTRACT

This study in an university in Bandung is intended to gain the Islamic leadership profile of the administration section heads. In which after the weaknesses regarding Islamic leadership characteristics were revealed, an intervention model would be developed to increase the Islamic leadership characteristics through group counseling approach. The research method employed on the first stage was descriptive analysis; an analysis preceded by looking at the description of the variables based on objective facts. The instrument used was islamic leadership questionnaire. Based on the calculations and analysis, it was revealed that 60% of section heads was perceived by their employees to be the ones who had performed high Islamic leadership but the rest 40% hadn’t. Indicators that were still categorized low were the harmony of what they said and what they did (in shidiq aspect), not using their authority for their personal interests, putting their personal interest before the organizations’, and being able to act fairly (in amanah aspect) and being able to manage their staffs (in fathonah aspect). Consequently, it is recommended to conduct an intervention to those weak aspects by giving them group counseling.

Key words: Islamic leadership, group counseling model

Full article